Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting ready.

Peace everyone,

My name is Sana Javed, and I'm going to graduate this Sunday from the University of Maryland with a degree in Government and Politics and Spanish Languages and Literature. I'm a member of the Muslim Students Association and Students for Justice in Palestine.

I am from the DMV- (D.C./MD/VA) and in one week I will be leaving for Egypt. On December 26th I will be joining over 1300 activists and other human beings of conscious for the Gaza Freedom March. This march is to demand an end to the Israeli occupation of the Gaza Strip and to remember that exactly one year ago, Israel massacred 1400 Palestinians, where 900 of them were women and children.

I hope with this blog that I can describe and write the things I've seen, the people I've met, and relay what life under a brutal occupation is really like. I doubt this will be a fun blog with vacation like memories, but it will be real and honest and about the people living in the Gaza Strip.

Oh and the name of this blog, is in reference to what Palestinians use when they are gassed by Israeli soldiers. When gassed, they tie their keffiyeh on like a mask, and then cut onions and hold it up to their face to lessen the burning from the gas.


This one is for Gaza.

In struggle,
Sana.

No comments:

Post a Comment